How do you get more confident for a branding shoot?
It seems like it might only be models that are ever cut out for getting in front of the camera for a photoshoot, but let me tell you, all the women you see on my galleries are real women. Real women getting married, running their business and being mums – sometimes doing all 3!
The most common thing I get told by my clients is that I’m not great in front of the camera. To which I simply nod and say ok. We’ll see. Because I know that given the right environment, encouragement and permission it doesn’t have to be awkward. Because thats the bit we really don’t like isn’t it? That awkward moment of posing that makes us feels flustered, like absolute frauds which ends up with mediocre results. I’m happy to say with don’t have either. It’s so far from uncomfortable and nothing near mediocre results. In fact I have a feeling that you are going to love it, because the whole process is smooth and dare I even say fun? You will have pictures that you honestly love seeing and want to use.
Let me tell you why Im passionate about it not being uncomfortable for you, mainly because it makes my job more enjoyable 😉 and because it doesn’t need to be. But really, I’m serious about it because the more you enjoy your images and the process it takes to get there, the more you will use them, the more you’ll promote your business & brand and the more you’ll be seen. It’s a cycle that can only get better!
So, let’s get back to the original question – how do you get more confident for a branding shoot?
Here are my top 5 tips to get more confident.
- Wear clothes that make you FEEL good.
- Get in front of the mirror and see how you body looks when you move into different poses.
- Say affirmations. Want a head-start? Head over to my Pinterest board designed for you here.
- Prepare. Get everything that you need the day before. Don’t be rushing the next day and stress yourself or make yourself late. Prep helps you stay calm.
- Have FUN. This is the most important one of all. Have fun. Life is short – enjoy it and step into you best self.
Show up ready to connect and I promise you it will be great.